Sunday, September 14, 2014

India and China Have Put a Floor in the Gold Price

We had four to six sigma events in the gold price last year, which are only supposed to happen once every 40,000 years. I have no doubt that, in my mind, there’s a distinct possibility that they acted in concert on that.

These thousand dollar price projections around, I think, the most famous one was from Goldman Sachs. I believe that this last week they raised their price to $1200, maybe on the way to much higher prices. It seems obvious to anyone involved that if the price got that low it would be the demand from India and China and many, many other countries would rise very dramatically here.

So I don’t think that’s a reasonable assumption. I think that the supply-demand data that we analyze all the time suggests there’s a shortage, and that the paper markets will be overrun here, and we have to see much higher prices.

- Eric Sprott via an Ask The Expert interview