Sunday, August 10, 2014

The COMEX Data is Corrupted

I might argue that the COMEX data is tainted, that they’ll just say whatever they want to say.

In fact, I find it very interesting that there was a lawsuit just filed against the CME and one of their principals for facilitating high-frequency trading in the CME – Chicago Mercantile Exchange, and giving priority to certain high frequency traders. The suit was just filed, I think, yesterday, Thursday, or maybe on Wednesday. It’s probably available to the public. I haven’t specifically looked at it yet.

I just think that the COMEX data is corrupted. It’s very hard to make any sense of it all. The fact that there’s no deliveries from the dealers is incredible. You’d think there’d be some change in the inventory. I don’t care whether it’s up or down, but at least you’d think there’d be some change.

- Eric Sprott via Ask the Expert